(Credit to Free Pet Recipes)
2 cups cornmeal
2 1/2 cups all,purpose flour
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cups water
2 tablespoons butter
a dash of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, and salt. Mix well by stirring or sifting together until everything is consistent and completely mixed.
- Add the honey, peanut butter, water, and butter. Then use an electric mixer on a high speed to thoroughly cream everything together. Mix for several minutes, or until all the ingredients are completely blended, and a dough-like mixtures begins to form.
- Check the consistency of the dough. It should be easy to shape and mold with your hands. If the dough seems too sticky, gradually add more flour as needed. If it seems to dry and crumbly, add a bit more water as needed to reach the desired consistency.
- Prepare a cookie sheet by lining it with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Then begin to tear off small pieces of the dough and form them into marble sized balls, by rolling them between your hands. Arrange each ball onto the prepared cookie sheet and gently flatten it slightly.
- Repeat with the remaining dough until you run out of dough, and can no longer make any more balls. Be sure to space the balls slightly apart to avoid spreading and merging while they cook.
- Once all the dough has been incorporated into balls, arranged on the sheet and flattened, place the cookie sheet into the preheated oven. Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until firm and golden. Remove the cookies form the oven when they are done cooking, and allow them to cool completely before serving. Store any leftovers in an airtight container. Makes about 4 dozen bunny bites.